Monday 21 February 2011

Introducing: Last Yesterday

I have some pretty clever and talented friends and people I've got to know via the joy of Ravelry, blogging and crafting. I decided I'd like to give them a shout out and hopefully run features on 'a talent' every couple of weeks or so. To kick us off I've started with my friend Amber, who blogs at Last Yesterday. Stay tuned for more features. 

I chose Amber because I love her writing style and her no nonsense attitude to life. She is one of the most playful people I know but when it comes to life, she's got it sorted- she gives the best advice too!


What are your favourite hobbies?
I love to crochet, sew, bake, read and color. When the weather is nice, I like to do outdoorsy things like canoe, climb trees, and wander around aimlessly in the woods. And when nobody’s watching, I dance.
 
Favourite Childhood Game?
This is a fairly tough one. I had quite a few! Hide and seek was always a favorite, because I could hide like a ninja. Then, there was Spoons, a fantastic card came that normally ends in chaos, followed closely by Egyptian Ratscrew, another chaos filled card game. And of course, board games! I loved Candy Land, Scattergories, Scrabble and Life.

Where do you find inspiration?
A little bit of everywhere. It normally springs from boredom, me thinking something needs to be done or improved, and I go from there. Sometimes, I’ll flip through blogs, and see something someone has created, and think “I can do that.”

Are you an early bird or midnight owl?
Neither, actually. I hate waking up, but I love sleeping. I’m more of an early afternoon person, right after lunch. It’s when I get my best work done.

Tell us about a dream you recently remember (it doesn’t have to be recent, it can just be one that’s stuck with you!)
LOL. My dreams. I have the most unusual dreams. The one I can remember most recently, was for some reason, I was in an Indiana Jones movie. Indy and I were on some adventure, somewhere in the jungle, and he had to rescue me constantly. Never the less, I think it was the hottest dream I’ve ever had. Did I mention I have a thing for Indiana Jones?
Though, I do have a reoccurring dream. I’ve had it for as long as I can remember. I’m walking around this grand house, and I’m peeking into every bedroom. In these rooms, there are different themes. And that’s all I do. Wander around and peek into rooms. But the thing is, every time I have the dream, the themes of the rooms are never the same. I don’t understand it, but its fun seeing what themes my head can come up with.

Comfort Food of choice?
Bread. Hands down, bread. Normally, a good fluffy yeast roll, right out of the oven, with butter. Nom nom nom.

When you daydream, where do you tend to end up?
Normally, somewhere in the future. I dream about what’s to come, where we’ll be living next, what things we can do there, how I can redecorate our home, etc. Other times, I just think about random things. But, it’s always present or future things. I’ve never really dwelled on the past. 

Life according to Amber:
I’m Amber, a 25 year old newlywed, who was thrust into the Army wife life. It’s always an adventure, and I never know when to expect my husband home for dinner.
I grew up in a large town during my school career, and was a rather quirky kid. I most definitely was a tomboy, who my mother desperately tried to tame into a young lady. She succeeded a little. She taught me to sew and crochet, and took me to dance lessons, which helped me stay “feminine”, and I developed my love to bake from my grandmother. My father taught me how to respect and fire guns, fish, create a proper fire, change my oil and how grill damn good meat. As much as I love my mom, I am a complete daddy’s girl.

When I graduated from high school, I got my first job at a bookstore, which caused my room to explode with books. Along with a new job, we moved into a new house, my first move ever. I went to a community/junior college for my Associates degree, which is also a military college, where I met my husband, Brian. While neither of us can pinpoint why we love each other exactly, we know it’s true blue love. After graduating with my Associates, I moved along to another college and another job, and I’ve been there since, plodding along with my Graphic Design degree. I hate school, but thankfully, my bachelor’s is here in the near future.

We’re currently residing at Fort Knox, while Brian is at Armor School, learning how to play with tanks and various other things that go boom. I’m currently a “domestic goddess” and spend my days crocheting, trying to figure out how to play the ukulele, and spending way too much time on the internet, whether it be for school or just for the hell of it.



A huge thank you to Amber for taking time out from being a kick ass friend and domestic goddess to answer my questionnaires and provide some images. I hope Indy knows you're spoken for....!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Your words about me are way too kind. *blush*

Now I have to live up to all you've said about me! DAMN YOU. :P