Monday 26 July 2010

A Welcoming Treat

One of my favourite things to make, improvised to suit my penchant for luxury chocolate with good things in.....


Chocolate and Cranberry Oatmeal cookies
Ingredients:
175g/ 6oz butter/ margarine (I mixed them)
275g/ 9 ½ oz Demerara sugar
1 medium egg
4 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla essence
375g/ 13 oz rolled oats (the less processed the better)
140 g/ 5 oz plain flour
1 tsp salt
½ bicarbonate of soda
100g plain chocolate broken into chunks (I used some with amoretti biscuits in)
100g dried Cranberries
To make:
1. Preheat oven to 180®c/ gas mark 4 and grease large baking sheet.
2. Cream butter and sugar before beating in the egg, water and vanilla essence.
3. Mix oats, flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda before gradually stirring this into the butter mixture.
4. Once fully combined, add chocolate chunks and cranberries.
5. This mixture makes about 30 biscuits but I like mine a bit bigger and soft in the centre so I am to make about 20 rounded spoonfuls. Make sure to space them out before popping in the oven for 15-20 mins or until cookies are golden brown.
6. Remove the cookies and try to allow them to cool........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, these look absolutely delicious!