Wednesday 10 April 2013

For The Love of EZ







The chances are that if you read this blog, you feel the same way about Elizabeth Zimmerman as I do: she was a genius. With her revolutionary knitting style, timeless design sense and deep love of her beloved craft, Elizabeth continues to inspire generations of knitters everywhere. As a writer, I adore reading EZ's prose because it is delightful, light and engaging. As a woman I just love her sass. I quite often wonder if EZ would have loved a gin and a chuckle as much as I do. 



If you haven't indulged in any Elizabeth Zimmerman publications yet or feel it's high time you revisited, come join us or our new along in the playful group. We're celebrating all things EZ and knitting, crocheting, quoting and chuckling at a fellow addicts life work. I for one am using this as the perfect excuse to treat myself to a couple of her books which I feel should enjoy permanent residence on my bedside table due to the amount of times I know I will reread sections over and over just for the love of her words. Come play!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said :-) I just received Knitting Without Tears for Christmas, and was very surprised at how often I laughed out loud at what she writes. Her writing style is so lovely.

Fruitful Fusion said...

I absolutely ADORE her style! Knitting Without Tears is my first EZ book and I'm loving it! Her work seems to be timeless!