Friday 24 June 2011

FO friday

I will just allow a moment to bask in the fact: I remembered it's friday.

Ok I haven't woven in the ends of my second project, nor have I photographed them but LOOK!!
I made Knee Highs. These are knit two at a time , magic loop style starting at the toe. These were the actual first pair I tried this way but they took longer to finish being knee high. I love this way of using up every scrap of yarn. I've not properly road tested them yet, just swanked round the house but aren't they pretty?


I got the bind off right this time:
Step 1: Knit 1
Step 2: K2tog through back loop
Step 3 pass both these 2 stitches back onto left needle.

Repeat K1, K2tog tbl and passing back onto left until all are knit- nice and stretchy. 

For more FO's, check out FO fridays, hosted by Tamis.

16 comments:

Sam Findlay said...

These are really cool! Love the colour!

Anonymous said...

These are lovely! Well done!

Unknown said...

Nice! I like to use Judy's Stretchy Bind Off which is basically a regular bind off but before passing the k1 over the next stitch, you do a YO and then pass the stitch over.

chemicalika said...

I don't think I'll ever have the patience for knee highs! These are lovely.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Lovely - love the color

PJ said...

Aren't you a clever sausage! :D

Leah said...

Love the color combination! Also, just started listening to your podcast, keep up the good work!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

They look super, the red is gorgeous

Yarndancer said...

Beautiful!!

P'cess said...

Gorgeous! Actually makes me want to knit socks!

Ce said...

want.

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Really beautiful - I love the colours.

ACraftyKnitter said...

I love those! I kinda want to make a pair.....

Mezzamay said...

JEALOUS!!!! I've wanted to knit some knee-highs but I can't face so much knitting, lol

Unknown said...

Beautiful knee highs, I love the simplicity & the pretty colors & how well knit they are! I think I've only made one badly shaped pair of knee highs in my sock knitting career.

t.bunny said...

I love the colour! I just wish I could have the patience for knitting socks let alone knee-highs. Such beautiful knitting, well done!