This leaves me with a dilemma: face the satisfaction of finishing or cast on maniacally to ensure I have plenty to work on? The finishing will be satisfying yet inevitably fiddly but the cast on requires winding yarn, finding needles and bags. Not to mention settling into the rhythm of a whole new project.
Quite the dilemma.
A little progress check to help me take stock:
- Tiny Tread socks: one sock complete, another needing a heel and possibly another scrap of yarn (I ran out, shocking).
- Girl Crush Sweater: cast off. Needs blocking and ends woven in. See above for thoughts on blocking.
- Knit Night: just needs eyelet border but it involves a purl row of P2TOG and YOs on singles yarn. Not to be completed in the half dark while settling a fractious babe.
- Pyrite socks of Juno awesome: stalled due to not quite automatic enough knitting down the foot.
- New and very bright yellow hat: lace detail that thrills me but again, needs some lighting and a little more than my half attention.
Best get cracking on SOMETHING I guess!