Tuesday 5 July 2011

A is for...

.... A broken laptop. 

In an attack of sheer stupidity I dropped a glass of water over my laptop. It's dried out BUT THE A KEY DOESN'T WORK. It has seriously limited my internet usage and further added to my blogging slump. I've been beating myself up about this. I want every post to be insightful/ pretty/ appealing but I've not always got access to a laptop these days and the pictures often are not on this laptop but edited on my old laptop and given names without a's in when I save them....

It's also the reason why I may not have been on Ravelry as much as I'd like, on Twitter or been blog reading and commenting as much as I'd like. I know what you're all thinking 'But she has an iphone surely?' Yes, yes I do. That's also on it's last legs. I don't have the patience to use it for matters of blogging. Don't even get me started on it's googlemap app!I miss commenting on all the wonderful blogs I read (and replying to comments, thank you so much for the book recommendations!!)

I have become aware suddenly of an audience and placed expectations on myself. I was feeling obliged to blog every 3 days, have amazing pictures, have new recipes and knit like the wind in order to have enough to talk about. 

I have decided to cut myself some slack. Sometimes I will blog about nothing much. Sometimes I will blog with no pictures. Sometimes the picture will have nothing to do with what I'm talking about. After all the point of this whole thing was to remind myself to be playful. 

So here's a nice picture I took recently. 



Isn't that nice?

8 comments:

Tilly said...

what rotten luck! my Laptop is on its last legs its actually got bolts holding it together!

and deff cut yourself some slack, were just happy when you do post no pressure

Have a glass of red, take a few deep breaths and relax

xx

Anonymous said...

I too don't like using my iphone to read blogs, I find I comment a lot less. I hate to feel the pressure to post then just ignoring it and not posting for a month. Should really stop doing that :p Anyways, I like your posts regardless :)

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Love the picture ;-)

Xxx

juicyknits said...

Too bad about your pc. Love the picture, though!

moleymakes said...

You'd think they'd bring out a pc/laptop that likes a drink every now and then ;)

It's so annoying when that happens though and blogging through your smartphone just isn't the same.

Don't worry about not blogging, we all should be 'blogging without obligation'. Trouble is, when you know you have followeres you feel like you're letting them down if you don't blog every day. If the truth be told, sometimes less is more.

Just blog when you feel like it. We're a patient lot xx

Ms C @ HappyElastic said...

A fully functioning keyboard is a magical thing! My little one decided to start pulling keys off my laptop which then wouldn't go back on properly. My Mr managed to get me a complete replacement from a car boot sale and I am protecting this one with my life!!!

Don't feel pressured by anything, you still want blogging to be fun, not a job. Love the pic!

Kitty Couture said...

Love the picture! So very refreshing on this very hot day in Southern France (35° today)... Thank you.

Hope your keyboard issues get resolved promptly - that must be so frustrating.

Anonymous said...

I do totally LOVE that picture!